November 19, 2008

Reading the Word of God

This morning was my debut as a lector and it went very well. I accidentally bid a hasty retreat back to my seat at communion without realizing I was to stay put until the end when Monsignor goes and gives the Eucharist to the congregation. That was the only minor glitch and duly noted so as not to do it again. I think more than anything my thoughts were on what also may happen upon receiving and those beautiful moments come. I should not worry about that and just let God do what he does best.

Since communion for me is a time that I often experience many blessings of the Spirit, I was afraid that being part of the area that people are closest to the Altar that it would be twofold. But this morning I held on for dear life and held back what should be natural the explicit joy. Right now no words can convey the torment. But today I learned a very dear lesson on what not to do and that is to squelch the Spirit. The very freedom a gift of pure love. I was shamefull in that moment where I wanted to be alone in my joy where no one could see the happiness that becomes so apparent upon receiving my beloved. What I feared most was not being totally open to receiving. How odd to think that being where everyone can see would place such a hold on such a natural gift of receiving without reserve.

Hopefully as I get accustomed to being in a place where all can see, the joy will be just as wonderful. That is my hope for today. Todays reading reading was even more special for the first time as it had to do with Praising God. "Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God almighty, who was, and who is, and who is to come." That phrase is absolutely beautiful and to think how close we are to the very Throne of God and fail to sing his praises by exclaiming those very words. Along with these: “Worthy are you, Lord our God,to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things; because of your will they came to be and were created.” God is so good and loving.

I know in one of the pictures I took of what I saw on the Eucharist, there was an image that showed itself of a Throne, I think quite a few of those pictures showed much of Revelation, now that I think about it.

0 Words of Wisdom:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...