December 22, 2006

God's arm

I slept this morning it was so peaceful a sleep too. I woke up late though. When I was doing today's reflection there was a sentence that struck me, it was "He has shown the strength of his arm" Luke 1:51. When I felt my arm was not my own the other day and feeling a hand guiding mine, and I read this in today's reading I was in awe of His presence in my life.

Just as our Blessed Mother can say, how can it be, yet with God everything is possible. There is no doubt of his love. He is goodnes, he is love, never doubt that about God. Some tend to think he is cruel and destroys. But as I told one person at work when she asked me of the poor countries and the death, how can God do such a thing. Well we are to help aren't we those less fortunate, and the only way God can get them this help is to unite us in such a way to make it possible. It brings us together in faith, and it brings about help to the area that is suffering. This was my explanation, not necessarily the way of God's plan and what happens when disaster strikes. I don't know his plan or the why things happen. It is my assesment after all.

We all have opinions as to why things happen in the lives of many. Why people die cruel deaths or are hurt and abused for the sake of anothers pleasure. But we all forget we have free will, and we also forget the special gift of forgiveness and love.

2 Words of Wisdom:

Gabrielle said...

May His "special gift of forgiveness and love" soften many hearts during this sacred season.

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas, Marie Cecile. Joyeux Noël!

Bernice said...

Gabrielle,

Your prayer I hope will come to many hearts this Christmas time.

I wish you a very Merry Christmas too. Joyeux Noël!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...