April 21, 2008

A Perfect Day

New York I must say delivered a beautiful setting. The Yankee Stadium was transformed into a beautiful sanctuary fit for a King, our very Lord himself and our blessed Pope Benedict. It was breathtaking. But I must say that they did an even more beautiful job of keeping the music on a harmonious level by singing in unity. In this I believe God was well pleased. The Mass was done with Grace and beauty and those of us in the stands forget we were there for a Mass and failed at times to keep ourselves from cheering. I think that is the only drawback that takes away from it being a truly reverential Mass of great magnitude. Those who cheered, did so lovingly out of love for their Shepherd. He came to be with them that day and so did his flock.

It really did turn out to be a very beautiful day and I'm thankful it was done in such a beautiful way. The few times I did get to see what was happening throughout the week, the choices made in some things I thought for sure the devil came through in the music. It did not leave a good impression or for that matter did it soothe the soul. I accidentally fell asleep with EWTN one night and woke up hearing some atrocious piece that didn't bode too well, if anything I thought for certain the devil was playing his own ugly music, there was no beauty nor harmony. We are all so very different, but I do understand what it is that God loves.

I will never forget how the Panis Angelicus had touched my heart at this Mass in the beauty of the voice that sung it. I can say with all honesty my heart soared to heaven with such joy and ecstasy, it was hard to keep myself from taking flight it was so magnificent as was receiving our Lord. He alone touches my heart so deeply that I am filled with so much. God is such love and Jesus loves as much for us all. To know him is to know what he loves most of all, each one of us.

6 Words of Wisdom:

teresa_anawim2 said...

WHat a glorious time you had, MC.
I see you were especially enraptured by the music. Did you get to enjoy the pre-concert with the featured musical guests?
The weather was gorgeous (after predicting showers for NY all week long).
Yesterday I turned on my cell phone and there was a new message; the bus monitor was calling (morning of the trip) to see if I was on my way to meet the bus as it was about to leave w/o me. Sadness.
But not my will be done, but Thine.
I missed it first hand, but did get a glimpse of the Celebration of the Mass and a snippet of the Holy Father's words via the tv and commentators.
A fine visit leaving a message of Hope for us here in the US.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had this opportunity MC. My mom called me about 5 times, asking "are you watching the pope?" and each time I said, "no, ma. We see the pope every day on tv here!"

It would be nice if he were more rarely on tv so that we would feel it's a special thing to see him and hear him speak! It would help us appreciate him more! But Italy is peculiar that way...we have a very long history and the influence of the Papacy has its positive...and negative aspects.

Marie Cecile said...

teresa, I certainly was enraptured by the music, it was wonderful. I did get to enjoy many of the musical guests, and for a brief time away to the ladies room and then to get a hot dog or perish with low blood sugar, I was able to watch on the tv screen while waiting. It was an incredible day!!

I'm sorry that you were unable to make it or have arrangements to take care of your elderly parent as well as the misfortune with the water pipes. The Popes message was heartfelt in many ways, it was taken to heart and that is what counts. I listened and heard what he wanted to impart.

Marie Cecile said...

Pia, for you living in Italy it's is understandable about hearing and seeing much more of the Pope than we do. Your mother she lives in the USA? Or is she with you in Italy? Well lets hope that it is now on a more positive side than it ever will be. God willing!

Anonymous said...

I'm happy everything went so well for you, mc, and you were really able to enjoy your trip and the Papal Mass. The pictures that you've posted are really great.

teresa, I'm so sorry it didn't work out; I know how much you were looking forward to going.

Marie Cecile said...

it truly was wonderful gabrielle and I am happy that I was able to go.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...