October 06, 2010

In the Stillness

It's been quite hectic the past few days between work, Church and functions I have come to appreciate those moments of quiet time. I ended up going to Mass directly after work on Saturday, to find they moved the statue of Our Blessed Mother up front for the month long devotion. Mass was awesome as usual, the perfume was delightful as well. The scent stayed with me for the rest of the evening. I went to work on Sunday and it seems to have occured there too. None of my co workers had that particular scent and the one I had was no where near what I smelled. Which made my day!!

I stopped by another Church to pay a visit to one of the Pilgrim statues of Our Lady of Fatima that was there for the weekend on Sunday. I didn't have my camera so I left and went home and went back. Talk about quiet, I was afraid to make any noise with the camera. The picture I did manage to take didn't come out too well. I think more than anything it was the fact that being in the Church, along with the Blessed Sacrament being up there as well made it seem as if taboo to take a picture. Like following those who were doing it as well.

I sat and gazed upon our Blessed Mother and her most beautiful Son up there sharing the moment together. I wanted to be still, to give them my utmost attention. But more than anything I didn't want to disturb those who also came to gaze upon and share in the the Divine Presence of Jesus. They too, sat in the stillness of the day to pay their respects to the Blessed Mother and that of her most prescious Son. What an awesome day that was, to witness the faith first hand in my awkward moment. God is so good.

3 Words of Wisdom:

Faith said...

The Pilgrim statues of Fatima are beautiful, but I still prefer the one Fr. McGlynn, O.P. made. It's authentic, made with Sister Lucy standing right beside it.

Marie Cecile said...

I bet that statue Fr. McGlynn made is beautiful. Where is the statue kept?

Faith said...

It's at the entrance of Fatima in Portugal. It's not showy, gold and crown beautiful. It's simple: no crown, hands in tai chi position, her immaculate heart is outside her body with a crown around it. She is wearing a necklace that consists of a long leather looking thong holding a circle of glass--at least that's what it looks like to me. Google McGlynn and Fatima Statue and see what you find.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...