August 01, 2010

Children

We had a delightful visit yesterday with the youngest generation in the family. Garrett is 18 months old and coming along pretty good. I think I had more fun than he did. It seems children bring out the child in us all at times. At least for me it has been quite some time since I've been around one. I was struck with thoughts of the Bible and how we are to be like little children while playing with Garrett.

I didn't think it was odd at all to have these thoughts about "The Word" while playing with one of God's little one's. It began as lesson for me about God's Word and how to look at things in a different way. To see with the eyes of faith rather than with the physical eyes. It was an interior lesson of seeing God's Word up close and personal.

The simple fact of noticing made a huge impact on me yesterday. As I looked back through the years when my nieces and nephews were Garretts age I didn't think the same back then nor did I notice how it can all come together. It's sad today to realize that many will take the innocents of these children and initiate them into a way of life that is not God's way at all out of a misguided notion. Or the abuse of them whether it is physical, verbal, or emotional out of a power play by misguided adults. It's time to turn the hands of time and bring these children ever closer to God so the future will be bright and not filled with darkness as we are slowly headed by our own treatment of these children,

0 Words of Wisdom:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...