July 23, 2009

Fishers of Men



Yesterday as I was leaving to go to an appointment I saw this gentleman walking down the street carrying a fishing rod. No other gadgets that were with him. I saw this man before the same exact way and in the same spot with only the rod. The river and dam was in the direction he was coming from and that was quite a distance too. That morning as like the other one I saw this man was tumultous wondering why people are the way they are.

On that morning and as today as well, I have reflected upon this encounter in passing. Jesus is the ultimate Fisher of men. It is to scripture and Jesus I seek comfort and solace in a moment of trial. This man whether he is a neighbor I've never seen around was a timely pause for reflection when my mind, heart and soul needed it the most.

0 Words of Wisdom:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...