June 02, 2009

The Possiblility

I was talking to my sister on the phone a couple nights ago about many things. The focus was about people that come into our lives. I was talking to her about my friend who seems to want to be part of my life again. She had cautioned me as well, wondering about his motives. That conversation was needed in many ways.

For once I was able to voice so much of what has gone on regarding what I have saw and known. Debbie had mentioned to me how others would love to have known and saw what I have. A gift that is rare and beautiful. But a very lonely gift, that sets a person apart from others. I would love more than anything that people could experience the gift of God's love. To know the truth and come ever closer to Him. Out of this conversation with my sister, the depths of my heart poured out, that to follow God fully means giving up any relationship to another person. To live a life alone, to never be touched or held close. Or to have someone care for you as age comes closer.

I love God with all my heart and knowing what sacrifice is to be made, that my life is not my own, but God's, didn't make it any easier to swallow. There are times I want to go off and forget all that he did and just live a normal life. But I can't because He is so deep within my heart, my mind and my soul. Like at Mass when words stand out and bring a smile to my face, I know then His truth. Unity throughout the world, now that would be something.

0 Words of Wisdom:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...