January 20, 2009

All About Giving

Receiving communion can bring about special prayers asked in a moment of unity with the Father. One of those prayers on Sunday was for God's love to surround the world to open the hearts of the people of the world. That the light of his love would shine brightly. After these type of prayers I have often felt inundated by darkness. I was given a delightful CD last week from a co-worker with many spiritual songs and a few that could be as well. One of the songs is We Are The World, but I never put too much thought on this one because there are many that delight my heart. Yet this morning the chorus to the song of We Are The World was softly heard interiorly in my heart. It was just as soft as when hearing Jesus speak softly. One thing I have noticed, when he wishes to impart something it will repeat until I acknowledge what was received. And that is when I place my thought on the very words imparted. This morning I went in search of the lyrics and was surprised. I never truly thought too much about this song and the words that were sung. Click on the title of the song below to hear it. I don't know if it's because of what I prayed for on Sunday or God's way of saying I need to give more love as well. That is the beauty of discerning his love. May I give more love to those who are forever in need.

We Are The World

There comes a time, when we hear a certain call
When the world must come together as one
There are people dying, and it's time to lend a hand.
To life the greatest gift of all
We can't go on, pretending day by day
That someone somewhere will soon make a change
We are all part of God's great big family
And the truth, you know that love is all we need

chorus
We are the world, we are the children
We are the ones who make a brighter day so let's start giving


There's a choice we're making
We're saving our own lives
It's true, we'll make a better day just you and me.
Send them your heart, so they'll know that someone cares
And their lives will be stronger and free
As God has shown us, by turning stones to bread.
So that we all must lend a helping hand.
We are the world......
When you're down and out
There seems no hope at all
But if you just believe there's no way we can fall
Well, well, well, well, let's realise
That a change can only come
When we stand together as one
We are the world......

0 Words of Wisdom:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...