September 17, 2008

Something Beautiful

We had something wonderful happen on Monday during our prayer Cenacle. We did the Rosary, then the Divine Mercy Chaplet, and I think this night there were about ten of us. We were asked by BettyAnn to do a novena by Padre Pio for her ministry. It was during this novena to the Sacred Heart of Jesus that the front door opened. So Mike, who was sitting by the door, shut it tightly. As we continued the novena the door opened again, except this time Marguerite mentioned to keep it open. It was after all the prayers were completed, that Mike mentioned he made sure the door was securely shut and no way it should have opened. What a powerful witnessing to the Sacred Heart of Jesus, he more or less was giving us the cue with the phrase of the prayer Sacred Heart of Jesus I place all my trust in you. For me it was a reasurrance as I was also headed to New Hampshire the next day to spend time with the Daughters of Charity of the Sacred Heart of Jesus for a discernment retreat and also to trust in Him for so much more. For the others in the room it might have been for something else that they may have been needing a witnessing to. Either way I love how he has been making his presence known when I am in the company of others.

This morning as I was pondering last nights Scripture reflections as I was headed into work this morning, there was a song playing called "Wind Beneath My Wings." At one part of it I was thinking about something when a huge hawk flew right in front of my windshield. It swooped down and passed right in front just as the words were being sung about flying high as an eagle and you being the wind beneath my wings. The last few days have been such an inspiration and God couldn't have been any closer as he has been along with Jesus bearing even greater witness to God's presence in my life. I don't question these things as I see them as God's way of letting me know he is there beside me watching over me and keeping me under his wing. Yet he does this for many people who are open to his love and presence in their lives. It's just a shame that many choose to not see His presence out of fear that he would take so much out of their lives because of what they are doing to each other. He calls us to love and many of us fail to that out of our jealousies and hatred. He gives us all a chance to change and when we fail to do that then we have lost completely our soul. (added) Most of all he forgives us and loves us. He doesn't give up on the wretched in hopes that their hearts will convert to His.

3 Words of Wisdom:

Anonymous said...

(((mc))), I hope you had a beautiful discernment retreat with the Daughters of Charity.

EC Gefroh said...

Thank you for sharing that beautiful experience with us.

Marie Cecile said...

(((Gabrielle))) it was only for 5 hours, but they were productive ones and I was was so happy to see the Sisters again, the summer absence has a way of helping us re-focus.

Your welcome Esther, this morning I was also thinking that it might of been God's way of letting BettyAnn know the door is open for her ministry as well as for others who have thought the door might have been closed to them. That was truly awesome.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...