May 11, 2008

Flower Gardens

At the beginning of May, our prayer Cenacle had a statue of Mary blessed. It is a beautiful prayer garden that was made for anyone who would like to stop and rest. To take time to pray to our Blessed Mother.

With that in mind, I am attempting to put together a nice flower garden for our Lady and also for our Lord. Can't forget him either. Well anyway, it should be a nice spot to take a pause in our day and reflect on the beauty of God's love for what he has given us. A moment to dwell on the enormity of how much he loves us.

It's an early day for work today, I'm thankful that I will be out at an earlier time. For some reason I like those early hours better. It seems there is more time to things.

10 Words of Wisdom:

teresa_anawim2 said...

For the past 2 years I have wanted to plant a Mary Garden. However, there is so much moss in all the yards around here!
Once again I limit myself to planting
flowers that are hardy and can grow well in sandy soil and full sun like marigolds and geraniums.
I wish I could get some of the nice delicate flowers prescribed for the Mary's Gardens, but I know they would not survive. Even rose bushes don't survive in this soil.
I wish I had the money for a truckload of loam.
I wish you many blessings and beautiful blooms with yours, MC.

Marie Cecile said...

Teresa, you can do a container type of garden. A few different sized containers that will produce beautiful flowers can be arranged lovingly around a statue of our Lady or one of our Lord. Like how they do in the Churches and the effect is beautiful. Now that would dress a barren area that is mostly sandy. I wish I could plop a huge load of loam for you too. If I can't afford an new riding lawnmower the soil too will have to wait. I'm sorry.

Bernice said...

teresa how about I send you a few big bags of loam will that help out. That I could do for you.

teresa_anawim2 said...

Thank you, and God Bless you for your generosity, MC.
However, I am afraid it is going to take a session of using the router and a truckload to make any difference around here.
I do have a brother who can haul stuff for me.
Thanks though, you are so generous, and I wish I could be that giving in my own life.

Bernice said...

teresa, those meager few bags of loam I wish it could be a lot more believe me. There is something I've always wanted to do was to give what was requested, and it's the hardest thing in my life to give material help when I don't have it myself. But on the other side of that, I can give you and the world all the love that I have. It's like loam in a sense it's spreadable.

teresa_anawim2 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
teresa_anawim2 said...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/85/Smiley.svg/800px-Smiley.svg.png


cut n' paste, MC

Hopefully the link is valid!

Bernice said...

teresa, now that is what I call a smile from the heart. thank you!!!

Anonymous said...

I love your idea of a "container" Mary-garden if people don't have good soil or lots of space, mc.

Marie Cecile said...

It is a beautiful way of dressing an area and less costly if an area needs to be redone. It can be done in such a way that one might not even see some of the pots. It's all in how they are placed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...