January 23, 2008

Simple Pleasures

It's been a few days since I've written, and I was lovingly reminded by my mother about it too. When a few days go by and she says, you haven't written anything then I get the poke to get the lead out and go at it. That reminded me of the weekend past when I was with others for a come and see evening. I mentioned about how God pokes and prods us until we answer him or get moving. He doesn't let up either. Neither do our earthly parents when we need reminding of what we must do in ours.

Like when we are kids and growing up, how we are asked to do dishes, pick up our rooms, put out the trash and the list could go on and on. We learn earthly obedience from our families, as well as our heavenly one. Life's simplest pleasures are most likely the one's that are the least liked by many, that of discipline in what we say and do. We go through stages in our life in many ways to what we like to eat to what we prefer to wear, yet the stages that bring the most happiness in a persons life is that of prayer and service to another.

Over at Jackie's blog, Catholic Mom of 10, she has a post called "Spiritual Help From Jesus - The Wiles of the Devil." Which brought to mind the prayer of St. Michael and how praying this has helped me when I felt bombarded. I begin my day with this prayer as I get ready for work. But I am reminded that we also need to know how to have Jesus' help in times of evil like what Jackie posted. With not always having a chance to do much reading, the one certainty I do read is Zenit News along with the blogs. No matter how close we all are to God it is always good to seek reconciliation. It helps to keep our garments pristine. The clothes we wear we take care that they don't tear or get spotted with stains. And should that happen we take measures to get the stain out before washing it. Our souls need this cleansing as well, or we might find a permanent stain that will not come out until we work hard at removing it. I would hope that mine would be clean and spot free as well as many others who strive to live a holy and faith filled life. None of us are alone in our quest for God and the love He gives. It's just up to us to make sure we live correctly. After all, those garments are the most precious one's we will ever wear.

3 Words of Wisdom:

Anonymous said...

Good reflection...

teresa_anawim2 said...

I like to go out to the Lowell shrine for a visit to the old fashioned 'box'.
I echo jackie ...thanks

Bernice said...

Thank you Jackie and teresa_anawim2.

I like the old fashioned 'box' too. I never could get used to sitting face to face. Even though it's easy, I think it has to do with being judged that makes face to face difficult for a lot of people.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...