December 02, 2007

Advent Begins

Today Advent begins and so does the ongoing journey with our blessed Mother. I have focused most of my journey on God because he is the one I love the greatest. I have not forgotten the Mother of all mothers, she has been beside me also. I have found so much a blessing in the way of how God chose our dear Mother and the way he achieved to bring our Lord to life.

The journey she too went on to fulfill, doesn't it make us all wonder about the greatness of God. I don't wonder about how he did what he did, because I too have undergone something in a way that I understand how truthful the Gospel speaks of the Divine. How truly possible it all is. I know how hard it is to grasp the enormity of God's love for mankind and how he can select a single person out of so very many and give to her the responsibility of bearing His Son. It is the mystery of how he did it that has often made us wonder about the truth of the telling.

If my life wasn't touched personally by God I would have no right to speak of this, but since I have had the grace to have been given His Love and to have been touched by His Spirit, I can understand how it came about for our Blessed Mother. In no way do I place myself close to what she has undergone for us. I can only say one thing it's true and possible. When I look back at my own encounter I am reminded each time of our Blessed Mother and her "YES" to God. In my own smallness and sinfulness I did not want to see and fought the truth of God's choosing. It is by the grace of God and the miracle he has given me that enables me to relate to what he has done for our Blessed Mother.

So on this first day of Advent the journey truly begins, because love is born. By the way that happens to be the theme this year at the Shrine of La Salette in Attleboro. An appropriate theme because our Beloved Pope Benedict XVI had given us his first encyclical on Love and this second one on Hope. They are both magnificent encyclicals and they are born by his tremendous faith in God. He is a blessing to us all and may God continue to be his guide on this Advent journey we all are on.

4 Words of Wisdom:

Anonymous said...

Amen. And a beautiful musing.

MC, I've tagged you for a meme -- don't feel you have to, but if you'd like to, it's kinda fun.

God bless.

Marie Cecile said...

Thank you justme and I will give it a shot.

Marie said...

MC:)

I have just posted my own testimony to our Lady. But when it comes to the love I feel for her..words fail...

Our Blessed Mother is God's Gift to us....Thankyou for sharing these beautiful thoughts with us:)

Peace & JOY to you:)

Marie

Bernice said...

Thank you Marie, sorry I didn't see this comment sooner, but I did see your post before this comment which is good.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...