October 18, 2007

Quiet

Ever feel as if there is nothing to be said, or that the thought of thinking is slow in coming. The last few days have been that way for me. I want to write but nothing comes to mind, yet when I walk my thoughts are centered on God. Not too many moments go by when they aren't, which I'm glad.

My walks in the woods will soon stop too, since hunting season is soon to be upon us. One year I saw a hunter walking along the stone wall not far from the house. Haven't seen one since, thankfully. I always seem to take the chance and walk them anyway, but I do make sure to wear colors that aren't dark, but bright and visible. My parents have been walking the dog on the same path that I have always walked for contemplation. Hopefully they will be smart and walk the dog in the open area and stay out of the woods during the next two months for their own safety. Since the area is soon to be developed this area will be populated and there will be a big change, but until then I think the hunters are going to use the woods before they disappear.

It's too bad too since trees are needed for fresh, cool and clean air. The more they are removed the more we change the earth.

2 Words of Wisdom:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how many trees have been downed even in Pa, my home state. Sometimes there are world campaigns against the destruction of forests and woods in South America, but there should be something against such savage development in North America, too.

Marie Cecile said...

That's for sure Pia.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...