September 28, 2007

Time Away

Dear God I'm sitting here taking a moment before leaving for work to write about you. I hope you don't mind. I know you know everything in my life, in the parts that need the rest and the parts that need a push to get moving. There is nothing about me that escapes your notice, which I'm glad.

I was thinking late into the night about you and wondering. But I found there was no need to, because you take care of the smallest detail that I may overlook. I have a special request to ask of you dear Father, to watch over my family and friends while I am away taking special care of emptying my soul so I may glorify you more than ever. It's a large request that you bring them peace and joy. They have love because they have you, but you can give them more love too if it be your holy will.

Not since I was a kid have I gone on a retreat that refreshes the soul. This is how I pray to God each and every day. It's a loving conversation and one I cherish always. Since this is my last post until I get back Sunday afternoon, and I just might make it back in time to do my Adoration hour too. So it may be closer to evening when I get a chance to write again. I thank you all for your special prayers for me for a successful retreat. I ask God to bless each of you and keep you safe.

3 Words of Wisdom:

Ginny said...

May your retreat refresh your body and spirit.

Anonymous said...

You have been given a Bouquet for the excellent work you do here on your blog.

http://viewfromthepews.blogspot.com/2007/09/blog-bouquets-to-jackie-marie-cecile.html

I feel inspired and rejuvinated every time I come here.

God bless you

Your friend,

Marie xoxoxo

Bernice said...

Thank you Ginny for the sentiment.
It was refreshing!


Marie, thank you so much for the delightful bouquet and for your wonderful words. You are a beautiful person and friend.

God love you in all ways.

Your friend,

Marie Cecile (xoxoxo) love the hugs and kisses.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...