September 06, 2007

Double the Pleasure

What are the odds to have a special grace given twice in one day. Not often. This morning was an odd one as I was heading out for work. Just like one morning but a bit different I encountered a deer standing at the edge of the road watching the slow progress of my car. This morning I drove very slow for some reason and the thought of deer was ever present. So I was on the look out and I saw her not where I would have thought but up a ways. What was different was that after spotting my stopped car she ran. The other day the deer just stood just inside off the roadway as I passed by. So she ran away with her young one off into the woods. It made my day even more blessed.

When I came home I did the usual, after supper I took a walk in the back to my usual spot. As I stood there looking off into the distance, I turned to look at a fallen tree and I saw the deer just standing there watching me. Neither one of us moved. It was a special moment to be so close yet so far away from one of God's creatures. A little while she turned and moved off with the young one not far behind her all the while tears of love and joy running down from my eyes. It was just tremendous to have this special gift twice in one day. We are given answers in unusual ways and somehow I was given one today in a most unusual way.

God does prepare us for our life's journey and sometimes for something more. Other times it's to prepare us for a task that needs to be done. We don't always know what it is until he reveals it to us in special and unique ways. All my life I have looked for the signs of his presence in life. That is one of the things I learned when I was young and learned my Catechism. Was to prepare and to keep watch. I guarded my heart in spite of my sinfulness when growing up. No excuse though, even being human and imperfect I still strive for perfection and in the process I found forgiveness. God loves deeply a heart that loves in return. He loves each and everyone of us equally and just as deeply. It is up to us to love him just as deeply as he does, if not more so. What we receive is not valuable in the material sense, but it gives us peace beyond all understanding.

5 Words of Wisdom:

Anonymous said...

Everyone seems in such a rush today that we fail to see the beauty all around us. We wait for the 'big event' not realising that God is in the ordinary.

I remember a time when I was in a car waiting for the lights to change. Suddenly a beautiful butterfly was right beside my window and stayed. I could see all its vibrant colour...it was as if for a few minutes time stopped.

I have never forgotten it. It was so beautiful.....

Thankyou for this wonderful reflection MC:). Also many thanks for nominating both our blogs for the 'Nice Matters' Award.

Bernice said...

It seems that way doesn't it, rushing around.

That is beautiful to have been graced with a butterfly and to see the magnificience of God's creation. I'm glad you had that moment and remembered.

And your very welcome, both are excellent.

God bless

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful moment, mc, to be alone in the woods with the deer. Grace indeed, and moments to be deeply cherished.

Anonymous said...

lovely blog & reflection...

Marie Cecile said...

gabrielle, it sure is wonderful and it's those moments that I cherish with Our Lord the most.

Mrs Jackie Parks thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...