August 25, 2007

Tidbits

For the past few days a tune has been making itself apparent, but I don't know where it is or how to find this one. All I know are the words Jesus Christ has died for us and a bit of the melody. This has been oddly enough in part of the day and once again when I got up this morning as it also happened the other morning too. I didn't make much notice of this and now I am. Some of the other words and tunes I was able to find fairly easy, but this one is different.

I'm losing my celery to the underground critter. That little one has already done away with six of them. But it's okay since it's the first time for growing this plant and it isn't fattening up too much. It seems the only plants that were successful were the tomato's and string beans, yellow squash and zucchini. The others are beginning to come along as the cooler weather will allow for the growth. I can see the beginning buds of the Brussel sprouts too. I did end up loosing all the plants of cauliflower minus one. We managed to have a small one to try, but the others all turned colors and began to mold while they were very small.

This is the first time in a long while that there is overtime. I am grateful for it, thank you dear Father. I'll be working today for a few hours this morning and from there to do yard work. Now that there is a blade on the lawnmower. I haven't been able to do much writing as I have been tired. Not from work either but from having high blood sugars. I went to a diabetic teaching and found out a few things while learning about better maintenance while taking an added medicine. It seems my diet is off too, and when I look back I have been eating a high carbohydrate diet rather than a lower one. And with this discovery I am hoping I can modify and maintain better glucose levels. When I left I said to the nurse, I am going to be taking care of me and she said I just put myself at the top. And it's true I stopped taking care of me to take care of others instead and put myself on hold for a very long time. A few have asked me when I was going to sever the ties that have kept me from progressing. I know all that God is doing and the belief and faith is strong, but when my mom asked me do I know what I am going to do, I still don't know. It's as if there is a blank there as to what and where and what is next. Well anyway with prayer and discernment in all things there will come the direction as to which I am to proceed. I hope everyone has a blessed day today!

6 Words of Wisdom:

Marie said...

In order to take care of others you need to take care of yourself first. It is not selfish to put your own health first it is merely practical.

I love your stories about your garden. I started a new garden myself this year and now my flowers are in bloom.*big grin*. I dont know whether to start a fruit and vegie garden am thinking about it.

Loved this piece MC. Please DO take care of yourself:)

In my prayers:)

Marie

Bernice said...

Thank you Marie for your advice and your prayers, they are always welcome. God Bless You!

Anonymous said...

Speaking of critters...spmething is pulling(not digging) up my petunias by the root! I go out there and there is just a hole where the plant was. Also there are various deep indentations in the mulch and in the soil.
Now, I believe it is the cause of skunks...
Last week bottles were knocked off a shelf in the basement, and low-and-behold..a skunk was down there.
The animal trapper came and set a trap with cat food and carted him away, and came this morning to set another one ...just in case his relatives came looking for him(or her). Turns out they dug a hole under the porch and beneith the foundation and into the basement!!
So much for walking my treadmill for a few more days! LOL.(I must admit they are kind of pretty and cute...if only it weren't for the cologne.
teresa_anawim

Anonymous said...

Oh dear we dont have skunks here thank goodness lol. But I have heard the smell from them is atrocious....wonder how bad it is *scratches head & holds nose* lol.

Peace & blessings

Marie:)

Marie Cecile said...

Skunks are cute, but not the odor. And it seems yours did a bit of damage too. Voles are vegetable moles they eat plants, flower ones as well as vegetable ones. My brother had a whole are wiped out from them of flowers.

Marie Cecile said...

Marie it's not one of those smells a person would care to wear, lol. It's quite strong.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...