June 22, 2007

Community

We lost one of our community members. Last night was the wake. What a beautiful turnout from the Dominican community and also from our Parish community. They have been very active in many things. He ended up with Alzheimer's in the last years of his life, his death was peaceful. I would have been able to go to the Mass this morning, but last night work called and asked that I come in for 9 a.m. instead of 11:30 a.m.

With that change it put off my going to get my inspection sticker for the car too. I'm not even sure what time I'm working until. It was to be 8 p.m. and this time I hope it isn't since going in for 9 with make it a very long day. I had a phone interview yesterday too for one of the jobs I applied at and that went well. Better than the one I went to. I didn't hear anything from them since. That's okay too. Last night at the wake one of the ladies from my Novice class asked me why I was looking for another job when I was going to become a Nun. I told her it can't happen until I'm debt free and I have a responsibility to take care of it.

I also had a great conversation with a woman from my Parish who went to become a Sister but ended up not becoming one, her vocation instead was to become a wife and mother. Interesting isn't it, I became a wife and it wasn't the life for me and the call to the Religious is a perpetual one. And if it doesn't happen that I end up in a community, I will have the community of Lay Dominicans to be my home among other members who live in the world working and praying.

Lately the fish symbol is showing up when the sun shines off of the windows. It hasn't done that in a while. The sun could be shinning and it doesn't always show up. I'm always amazed when God does the most unusual things to say I'm here with you. I never doubt that for a moment. I think that's one of the things that I have come to grips with. For me when I was in sin and receiving a gift from God, no matter how hard I was praying at the time, it was hard for me to grasp everything. It wasn't confusion, it was my not truly accepting what he is doing. When I finally began to accept the gift and graces bestowed on me, I began to see how blessed my life was. Even though there were periods of darkness, he was never far from me. His light was a constant beacon. I think it was also my constant prayer and conversation that I always had with him that kept my heart very close to him in those times when I went astray. I didn't go very far.

It's odd that when I write I start out with one thing and end up on something else. I don't know why that is, whether it's spirit led or just ramblings, I end up writing what is coming to mind. Good thing I suppose. Well anyway I've got to get ready to go to work. Have a blessed day!

0 Words of Wisdom:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...