May 20, 2007

Truth

This morning at Mass I was a bit awestruck with the second reading. It was from Revelations.

I, John, heard a voice saying to me:
“Behold, I am coming soon.
I bring with me the recompense I will give to each
according to his deeds.
I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last,
the beginning and the end.”

Blessed are they who wash their robes
so as to have the right to the tree of life
and enter the city through its gates.

“I, Jesus, sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches.
I am the root and offspring of David,
the bright morning star.”

The Spirit and the bride say, “Come.”
Let the hearer say, “Come.”
Let the one who thirsts come forward,
and the one who wants it receive the gift of life-giving water.

The one who gives this testimony says, “Yes, I am coming soon.”
Amen! Come, Lord Jesus!


Revelations 22:12-14, 16-17, 20

I went, Oh my God when the blue highlighted part was being read. No one realizes hearing the word "Come," does to a person when it is interiorly. But it is also the part of receiving the gift of life-giving water that meant so much more. This is so true for me because it has come to life in my life. More and more I see a clearer picture than I did before. It's like coming full circle. When I read a passage in the book I mentioned it made so much sense in what I was going through, but when things happen for some unknown reason, I begin to see it in a better light. And I'm sure that Our Lord also has answered a prayer on knowing the purpose of it all. I can rejoice more than anything for the test of time. Not in my sluggish attempt to understand, but in my obedience to his will. All that he asks of me I do without question. Whether it be to bow my head or stretch out my arms, or to go someplace when asked to interiorly, it is done.

But since I just got off track for a bit, I did receive "Come" many times and still do. It is a beautiful call, one that today has come to life for good. When it's time to reveal he does so in such a splendid way. It is my hope that many will come to recognize the truth of God and his love for us. He will go to the ends of the earth to bring us back to him.

0 Words of Wisdom:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...