May 13, 2007

Gardening

Yesterday was one for the record books for me. I planted half of the garden with the exception of the corn, yellow squash and maybe turnip which I love. I couldn't do anymore, I ended up with a nice sunburn. It was all done with love and holy water. I sprinkled the ground and prayed for God's blessing on what is being planted.

It has been over twenty years since I have done this type of outdoor work, other than the usual mowing and picking up sticks for burning. It was good work though and the garden now looks not so empty. I went to the Monastery yesterday for Mass and for a special rosary for mothers. That rosary was two hours long with only one mystery being done. It was awesome too.

Anyway there is something special I need to do on here. It will take me a bit since my sister and brother-in-law just popped over. So my time will be very brief as I must go.

2 Words of Wisdom:

Gabrielle said...

I'm so glad you were feeling well enough to be able to plant a garden, mc. (Hope there weren't too many aching muscles the day after though!) God bless your garden and all those who will enjoy its fruits (or veggies...) :)

Marie Cecile said...

Actually the muscles didn't hurt too much, just the sunburn which is going away quite slowly. Aww but the price is we pay for planting is worth it. The pain that is. There will be some fruit too lol when I get the chance to plant those too. Thank you for the blessing too and I gladly share what the Lord provides, come on and get some veggies and fruit too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...