March 18, 2007

journey

Going to class is always a pleasure. I was able to help out in the kitchen today and I have found a spot in the area of helping out. There was a brief moment though when I mentioned going to confession, a look as if to say again. One of the ladies who oversees the kitchen was at our Parish Mission and on Wednesday we had the Penance Service. The kids had to be there from CCD and we all participated in going to confession. Well anyway she knew I went to confession that night but something was bugging me that she had no clue of and I needed to go. Even if it was a few days later. It never hurts.

But when something or something vile mucks up our thoughts and no matter how much prayer is being prayed, the one thing next is to hand it over and I did. But I also needed to ask for forgiveness for lack of trust in a moment of trial. When I regained the trust the trial ended. In a nutshell it wasn't so much a need to repent it was a need to give it over to God and to put the source of havoc where it belonged. I don't expect anyone to understand what type of trial it was or why. It was something I had to go through to understand something important. The power of forgiveness. About letting go and forgiving. But it was also about turning to God when evil attempts to disrupt our thoughts and insinuate what does not belong. It is putting God first above my needs and wants. A challenge and a purification, a step on the path being led by God. A constant prayer. May the journey continue.

4 Words of Wisdom:

teresa_anawim said...

Thanks for sharing your journey each day, MC.

Gabrielle said...

The help that the grace of frequent confession brings is something that alot of people underestimate, I think.

Marie Cecile said...

Your welcome teresa!

Marie Cecile said...

I think so too Gabrielle. It's realizing how clean we want our hearts to be for our Lord. At least for me anyway.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...