July 26, 2006

His Spirit

No matter what it is or where it comes from, when I wake in the middle of the night with a set of words I begin to wonder what I am supposed to understand. So when I hear lead me by your Spirit, I wonder if I'm thinking or praying this in my thoughts while I'm asleep or if I was meant to hear these words for another reason altogether. As with anything else, I discern whether it's important or not. It stayed with me long enough to recall, like other things that come about. And then there are times I know and it disappears just as fast as I know it. Try as I might to recall and I can't. I haven't had one of those in a long while, a not be able to recall a word or two on waking in the deep of the night.

It's odd too, because I go to sleep praying, everything left at the feet of our Lord. So now I look at it as His way of saying let myself be lead by the Spirit more than I thought I was. Only God knows this better than I, and I put myself in His most beautiful and loving hands.

0 Words of Wisdom:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...