June 04, 2006

Praise God

Well for the second time I was directed to this section of the Acts II The Mission in Jerusalem when I requested direction from God's Holy Word. Now I wonder what it has to do with the direction of my life.

It will come to pass in the last day, God says, that I will pour out a portion of my spirit upon all flesh. Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your young men shall see visions, your old men shall dream dreams. Indeed, upon my servants and my handmaids I will pour out a portion of my spirit in those days, and they shall prophesy. And I will work wonders in the heavens above and signs on the earth below: blood, fire, and a cloud of smoke. The sun shall be turned to darkness, and the moon to blood, before the coming of the great and splendid day of the Lord, and it shall be that everyone shall be saved who calls on the name of the Lord.

But after reading and reflecting, I realized that it was part of the Pentecost message. This was part of Peter's speech at Pentecost. How fabulous that is when God speaks volumes to let the truth be known of the Spirit. Today is Pentecost, where the Advocate descends upon those in the upper room. Praise God.

0 Words of Wisdom:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...