April 15, 2006

Yesterday

After supper last night, I kept having the feeling I needed to go somewhere. La Salette kept tugging at me, just as the Abbey did in the afternoon. So my evening was spent at LaSalette. I had an opportunity to kiss a true relic of the cross. What joy I felt. I walked around the Rosary pond with tears in my eyes, recalling the moment I walked through God's Spirit, and the time I was at Chapel and saw Jesus rising up. I cried too because I often feel I'm hated by others. In those moments it is then I realize how much Jesus endured for the sake of His Father. I was able to finally get a cross that I have blessed. It was more meaningful because it is a LaSalette cross. The last two times I left the Shrine I cried as if I left something behind.

The ride home was a quiet reflective one, I recalled the Church that my grandparents belonged to. How in this Church has a depiction of the La Salette visit to the young children. It is an actual looking hill with statues and such, not a painted picture. I remembered just going to the Church as a young kid and going to pray at this depiction. This Church is where I ended up with my devotion to Our Lady.

Just writing this helped me to recall that many times I would go alone to the Church as a kid. Many things lately I am realizing, that my life was always filled with love for God and Our Lady. My souls longing is to be with them always.

2 Words of Wisdom:

Paul Anthony Melanson said...

Notre Dame de La Salette: priez pour moi! Let this be our prayer.

Sancta Maria Mater Dei, ora pro nobis!

Marie Cecile said...

Merci, je prierai heureusement. As you say let this be our prayer, Holy Mary, Mother of God, Pray for Us. Bon

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...